So my criteria for selection and a few exceptions are explained as follows:
- I have to have been to the city and of course it must be a capital.
– This is based purely on my experiences in the city or my feelings on it.
– Just because I’ve included a city like Pyongyang in the list doesn’t mean I endorse the North Korean regime or any of that crap; it’s just an interesting place and I had a fascinating experience.
– I know technically Yangon or Rangoon is not the capital of Myanmar or Burma but I have included it as I simply cannot accept Naypyidaw as capital.
– China is complicated with its territories or SAR regions such as Macau, Hong Kong, Taiwan so I counted them all separately and have included both Hong Kong and Taipei in this list; as well as Beijing.
– I included Jerusalem as the capital of Israel even though it is also claimed by Palestine etc.
I hope you enjoy my list and please let me know what you think in the comments. Here are the 30 best capitals in Asia!
30. Manila, Philippines
29. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
28. Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
27. Dili, Timor-Leste
26. Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
25. New Delhi, India
24. Baku, Azerbaijan
23. Jakarta, Indonesia
22. Damascus, Syria
21. Colombo, Sri Lanka
20. Seoul, South Korea
19. Jerusalem, Israel
18. Yerevan, Armenia
17. Sana’a, Yemen
16. Beijing, China
15. Muscat, Oman
14. Tbilisi, Georgia
13. Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
12. Doha, Qatar
11. Beirut, Lebanon
10. Pyongyang, North Korea
9. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
8. Tehran, Iran
7. Hanoi, Vietnam
6. Taipei, Taiwan
5. Yangon, Myanmar
4. Tokyo, Japan
3. Singapore, Singapore
2. Hong Kong, Hong Kong
1. Bangkok, Thailand
No comments:
Post a Comment