Sunday, 19 April 2015

Santorini, Greece

Languages spoken: Greek, English
photo, image, houses, santorini
Waiting for the sunset at Oia Santorini.
Reasons to go:  My first solo travel destination was Santorini, which I visited in August 2013. I stayed at Villa Stella, which was near the main town of Fira. This was a budget accommodation but I was glad I stayed here. Valentia, the owner of the villa, can speak English and had a map ready – showing the restaurants, bus stops, and the route going to the center. It was very handy. If I had to go to the center, it was a 5 minute walk uphill, but it was safe. I was even walking alone at night to have my dinner, and had no trouble whatsoever.
Santorini is an easy place to navigate around. There are lots of tourists and travelers during the months of July – August , so it is very easy to make friends and join any activities . The locals are friendly and helpful. Even though most of them don’t speak English, they try to assist in any way they can.
Santorini was a great choice for a first-time solo traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment